An important component of scooter transmission is the elastic drive belt, which transfers movement force from the clutch (centrifugal) to the variator. It is one of the most vital parts of the transmission and requires replacement at specified intervals provided by the manufacturer.
Unlike motorcycles where the chain of transmission is in obvious position and there is visual contact, in the scooters the drive belt is hidden inside the transmission. So neither its deterioration nor its condition can be understood unless the transmission is opened.
It is therefore a matter of great care to observe the operating mileage given by the manufacturer for the life of the belt.
Factors to keep in mind:
- Make sure the best fits exactly into your scooter and follows the factory specifications, such as the BANDO straps.
- Check with your engineer for good condition of the variator, centrifugal, impeller and driven pulley, which should be in excellent optical and operating condition.
- If you have chosen to make some improvements (variator, clutch) there is a possibility of reducing the life of the belt due to engine overtraining.
- In case of upgrade ask for available options (eg Malossi) and not for an OEM replacement belt.
- Driving affects the life of the belt. Nervous drivers should change their belt more often, as such driving conditions significantly reduce their life.
- As well as the weight, riders and / or loading weight affects the life of your belt.